Monday, August 15, 2011

Promises in the Word for my Children

I have established in my previous posts that children are a blessing from the Lord, I also showed how very special mothers are to God, I have shown where regardless of the circumstance in which our children were born they are still blessings from God as the Devil does not give life. I explained why we need to let go of un-forgiveness and move forward. If we do not forgive the ones who hurt us then we cannot expect God to forgive us for our transgression.

For this post I would like to look at some of the many promises that God have concerning our children. This is important because if we know what these promises are, it will help us when we pray to pray according to God’s word.  Let me hasten to say that knowing the promises is not enough; we also must fully believe these promises. Another word that we can use to replace believe happens to be another “F” word –FAITH.  We will discuss this more in our next post.
The apostle Peter in speaking to the multitude (Acts 2) that had gathered around them told them to first repent then to be baptized and that they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and in verse Acts 39 he told them -For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call. What was Peter saying? I believe he was saying that the promise of the Holy was also to our Children.

Here are some promises concerning our children.

Deut. 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the Words of this Law.
Deut. 30:6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

Deut. 7:13 He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land--your grain, new wine and oil--the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land that he swore to your forefathers to give you.
Ps. 8:2 "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast Thou ordained strength because of Thine enemies, that Thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger."

Psalm 25: 12-13   Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.
Ps. 37:25-26. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed."

Psalm 112: 1-2   Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.

Psalm 115: 14 May the LORD make you increase, both you and your children.

Psalm 127:3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Psalms. 128:3,4 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD.

Proverbs 20:7 The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him.
Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Isaiah 44:3-5  For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, 'I belong to the LORD'; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,' and will take the name Israel.

Isaiah 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.
Isaiah 61:8-9 For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and iniquity. In my faithfulness I will reward them and make an everlasting covenant with them. Their descendants will be known among the nations and their offspring among the peoples. All who see them will acknowledge that they are a people the LORD has blessed."

Jeremiah 33:16-17 This is what the LORD says: "Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded," declares the LORD. "They will return from the land of the enemy. So there is hope for your future," declares the LORD. "Your children will return to their own land.
Matt. 19:14 "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto Me: for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven."

Acts 16:31-33 " And they said, Believe on the LORD Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house... And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway."
Although these promises speak specifically of our children, all the promises in the word of God also apply to our children.

So how do I pray?

Father I thank you that you have so many promises fin your word that apply to my child/children as well as for their children. I thank you that according to what you have promised my children will be saved, and that your word will not depart from their mouth. I thank you for pouring out your spirit upon them and your blessings on their descendants. I rejoice Lord, in knowing that the secret things which are revealed by you belong unto us and to our children forever.  Father I thank you that regardless of what may happen, my children will never beg for bread. I thank you that as I train them in the way they should go, they may stray but help me to remember that they will not depart from these teachings. I thank you for this reassurance In Jesus name Amen.
In His Purpose

Vilma

No comments:

Post a Comment